Thursday 5 September 2013

Sation Most Likely Not to Chip

(And a sorry tale of poor customer service...)

I guess the name is a play on mint choc chip, but it took a bit of lateral thinking for that to fit into place, to me it seems like a fairly stupid name (says the lady who owns a bottle of Gelish Oocha Coocha Bing Bam Alakazy Alakazam!).

The shade number is 9025, it's a pearly bright mint.

 
A shimmery pearly finish, no surprises on the nail, its true to the shade in the bottle.
 
For these photos I used three coats with one of Seche:
 



I'm struggling to say nice things about this polish, not because I don't like it, but probably because I had a bad experience with Sation (aka Miss Professional Nail), and it left a nasty taste in my mouth.

A few months back I purchased a bottle of Sation Oh My Oceania from US supplier Pretty Little Nails.com and on delivery it had separated and settled.  Despite shaking it profusely, turning and swirling it and letting it rest (for over a week) to allow the colours to disperse, it remained in the state as shown:

 
 
 Ewwww....

The colour at the front of the bottle is a yellowy green mottled crème, whilst at the back it's a mid blue pearl. When swatched it has a totally flat matte finish and looks nothing like other swatches that I looked at before I ordered.

The colour of the polish at the front of the bottle.....

 
and at the back....
 

I emailed Pretty Little Nails, attaching the above photos and asked them if they would be so kind as to look into this for me, as the polish is clearly defective and unusable.

After much following up due to non response, I was eventually told that they had contacted Miss Professional Nail/Sation who apparently wouldn't accept responsibility, so to compensate Pretty Little Nails offered me a whopping 10% off a future purchase. Yeah, right - because that really makes up for a total waste of money on a polish I can't use........  
Caveat emptor.





2 comments:

  1. Urgh, hate bad customer service. Really puts me off brands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too prettypolishes, my favourite alarming customer service comment was from Argos regarding a piece of furniture. On complaining that the components of a flat pack bed that I'd bought were so badly made that it couldn't be put together properly I was told "you won't get decent quality for that price". Classic........
      xxx

      Delete