Monday 23 September 2013

Liebster Award

Emmy from Neonsparklynails has been kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award. I'll confess that although I've seen the Liebster logo on many a blog I've never really known what it was, so I fired up the Googlemeister and discovered that it's an inter-blog introduction tag to promote new blogs. 

Bloggers nominate 11 fledgling bloggers (they must have less than 200 followers) and ask them a set of questions to answer/introduce themselves to the blogosphere.
In turn, you then nominate your chosen 11 bloggers and pose them 11 questions.....

Here are the questions that Emmy has asked, with my answers underneath:


1. What is your favourite brand of polish?
Hmm..... a toughie to kick off with Emmy! I'd say NFU-Oh for the bottle design, size of the bottles, quality of polish and range of colour and finishes.

2. What is your favourite polish colour?
Easy! Turquoise.

3. Do you have a favourite singer/band?
Not really but I do like a hearty loud swear-along with Ms Minaj.

4. Do you have any hobbies other than nails?
I don't know how blogging polish fanatics possibly have time to eat let alone pursue other hobbies! There's nails to be painted and cuticles to be maintained, the blog to update (including countless photos to take), other blogs to read and follow, Facebook groups and pages to follow/post on, press releases and new products to read about; and then there's the best bit - the polish shopping!

5. Do you have any pets?
Gimme a break, I've got 6 children!

6. What is your hand care routine?
Wash, soak, moisturise; usually with Occitane Shea Butter. File and buff to smooth out any problem splits, rub in a generous amount of Moyra nail oil, buff again. I use Sally Hansen Cuticle refining cream once a week, and tidy my troublesome cuticles with an orange stick. If they're looking really tatty I use Scholl cracked heel cream a couple of times a day to give them an intensive boost too.

7. What is your favourite type of nail art?
I'm partial to a colourful water marble or two. I prefer to use glass flecked or sparkly finish polishes as they're a little more forgiving than crèmes.

8. What inspired you to start blogging?
The lovely ladies on the Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous Forum. I've been an active member for over a year and it's such a genuinely friendly forum. I'd been reading other members' blogs, posting pictures of my latest mani attempts and started toying with the idea of starting a blog. Fellow member Jude from Ninja Blossom Nails http://www.ninjablossomnails.com/ offered me the opportunity to write a guest post to 'dip my toe in the water' (thanks Jude!). I enjoyed the experience and with support from other forum members decided to take the plunge.
Come and join join us! http://npaa.forumotion.co.uk/


9. Favourite food?
I'd probably have to say good old straightforward uncomplicated buttered toast. Can't beat it, especially washed down with a mug of tea. Simple pleasures......!

10. What is your most wanted polish?
At the moment, either Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily or OPI Sparkle Teal Sunrise.

11. What nail art trend do you hate?
There's nothing in particular that I could identify - even the dodgiest of trends can look stunning with the right imagination, vision and execution.

Thanks Emmy, http://www.neonsparklynails.blogspot.co.uk/, the friendliness of the nail community is another motivator to keep on bloggin'! x

No comments:

Post a Comment