Wednesday 21 August 2013

Whoa! How did I get here?

I remember not so long ago stating quite decisively to my friends and fellow polish nutters on the Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous Forum "I am not, and will never be a blogger".

I can't say for certain what changed, except that I started to enjoy sharing my polish pictures on the forum and chatting (often at great length) to the other members.  Their kind encouragement has contributed greatly to the production of Polishtry and I salute and thank them all.

I highly recommend the Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous forum, but take heed - it is as addictive as polish itself........

http://npaa.forumotion.co.uk/

Anyway, let's get on with it.

I've chosen to kick off with a polish that my sister brought back for me from the States a couple of weeks ago.  She knows my taste in polish well (if in doubt go for greens and purples) and picked this one out herself.  A most excellent choice indeed Fleab!

It's Pure Ice (Bari Cosmetics) Saddle Me Up, a mid green super sparkler. I'm clutching it tightly - I'm not letting go of this green goddess in a hurry...

 
 
 
 


It has a bright, yellow leaning base with gold and green glass fleck.  There's nothing notable about the bottle or brush, both serve their purpose with no frills.  It covers well, I used three coats over OPI Nail Envy for the photos and topped it off with Seche Vite. 
I do like glass flecks and have quite a few in my collection - this one brought Zoya Ivanka to mind, so I whipped it out to compare:

 
 
In this photo Ivanka's above Saddle Me Up.  The Pure Ice is warmer, yellower and surprisingly for the price (just a few dollars) much sparklier.  I adore Ivanka, and have been hankering after the lighter toned green, Zoya Apple for a while. Now I have this one I think can safely cross it off my 'wanted' list as I imagine it's a very similar shade to Saddle Me Up.

That's it for my first effort, if things in this post aren't quite in the right place or look a bit squiffy, please bear with me as I'm literally making it up as I go along ,and will tweak and tart as I get the hang of it!






6 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome to the blogosphere! This polish is stunning :) Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sam! Thanks for the help and advice too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Aaaaaw thanks Sue, I thought you'd appreciate a green as a first post!

      Delete
  4. Liking the layout! Looking forward to more posts!

    (geekybat)

    ReplyDelete